Being part of anyone's wedding party can be exhilarating and exhausting at the same time. It's a big commitment to be a bridesmaid, but it's also a beautiful way to show your support for the bride and for her groom, and all that their marriage represents. However, once you have your dress, there are other bridesmaid must-haves that you'll want on you for the big day.
You may want to prepare your bag for the wedding day beforehand, as you'll be plenty busy the night before with the rehearsal dinner and making sure you get a good night's sleep. There are several bridesmaid must-haves for you to be ready for anything that happens that day.
- A button-down shirt for hair and makeup.
- Your dress! Very important that you remember to bring that.
- Underwear- make sure it is seamless and make sure you have the right bra for your dress.
- Jewelry- put everything in a small bag, that way you have it all together.
- Wedding gift for the happy couple.
- Makeup- if you're doing your own.
- Hair accessories- if you're doing your own, you'll need brushes, hairpins, and hairspray.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Pain pills- headaches have a way of striking at inopportune moments.
- Cell phone charger.
- Small purse with phone, cash, and ID.
- Breath mints.
- Safety pins- a good bridesmaid is a prepared bridesmaid, and you never know when a safety pin will come in handy.
These are just a few bridesmaid must-haves, it will differ a bit on the location of the wedding. If you are going on a week-long destination wedding, for example, you'll need to bring a lot more just for traveling alone. However, if you are heading to a wedding down the street, these are the simple basics that you'll want to have on hand, just in case.