How To Care For Pearl Jewelry
Whether your favorite pair of pearls cost you $20 or $400, you want to take care of them. For many, it's not about how much you spend, but what they mean to you. If these were pieces given to you by a special someone, then it's really important that you take care of them and know how to care for pearl jewelry. Unlike other jewelry types, it's not the same method, so take care to get all the pertinent information.
How to care for pearl jewelry isn't complicated, but these simple steps will ensure your jewelry lasts.
- Wipe them down after wearing. A soft cloth will be enough to remove any perfume, dirt, oils, or other things that have accumulated during the day.
- Store them on their own. You don't want your pearls rubbing up against jewelry that has sharp edges or juts out, as it could damage the delicate pearls.
- Keep them away from chemicals. Needless to say, you do not want to be wearing your favorite pearl bracelet while cleaning your bathroom with bleach or jumping into a pool with your pearl necklace.
- Put your jewelry on after applying makeup, perfume, or hairspray. All of these chemicals could cause damage to the surface of the pearls, so it's best to keep your pearls away from potential contact with them.
- Take them off before showering. Even though your water doesn't have chemicals in them, you don't want to soak your pearls or allow them to get too wet, as it could damage them.
- Wear them! Your pearls are meant to be worn, and this is an easy way to take care of them. They will absorb some of the oils from your skin to not get dried out, and they look fantastic.
With our tips and tricks, you'll master how to care for pearl jewelry in no time.